How to Spot Opportunity,
Future-Proof Your Income, and
Enjoy a “Live Anywhere” Lifestyle
About Brian Clark
Brian Clark is a writer, traveler, and serial digital entrepreneur.
He’s the founder of the pioneering content marketing website Copyblogger, the midlife reinvention newsletter Further, and Unemployable, an educational community that provides smart strategies for freelancers and entrepreneurs. He’s also co-founder of Digital Commerce Partners, a content marketing and SEO agency for digital business owners.
Brian has started 12 businesses in the last 22 years, either solo or as a co-founder. The first one failed, but every company since has yielded higher revenue, profits, and happiness.
Clark began publishing online in 1998, and by 1999 he had his first entrepreneurial success thanks to an understanding of the emerging commercial internet. He went on to launch two additional successful businesses using purely online marketing and digital infrastructure, attaining even greater success.
In January of 2006, Brian started a one-man website called Copyblogger, which quickly evolved into an influential digital trade magazine for the content marketing industry. Both the Guardian and Advertising Age have recognized Copyblogger as one of the most powerful and influential blogs in the world.
Copyblogger never took venture capital and made it to eight figures in annual revenue and high profit margins without advertising. The company created software-as-a-service, web hosting, WordPress themes and plugins, courses, and conferences — all completely bootstrapped.
It’s been the dedicated service to the Copyblogger audience that has been the catalyst for the multimillion dollar tools, training, and service company Brian headed up as CEO. In June of 2018, he engineered the sale of the company’s StudioPress division to WP Engine, and in 2019 the Rainmaker division was acquired as well.
This level of success, plus Brian’s early adoption of online content to fuel startup companies, makes him a recognized pioneer of the now $44 billion content marketing industry.
Brian has been featured in some great business books:
- Linchpin by Seth Godin
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Free Agent Nation by Daniel Pink
- The $100 Startup by Chris Guillebeau
- Company of One by Paul Jarvis
- The Lean Entrepreneur by Brant Cooper and Patrick Vlaskovits
- Killing Marketing by Robert Rose and Joe Pulizzi
- Trust Agents by Chris Brogan and Julien Smith
- Content Inc. by Joe Pulizzi
- Meatball Sundae by Seth Godin
- Epic Content Marketing by Joe Pulizzi
- Hack the Entrepreneur by Jon Nastor
- Brainfluence by Roger Dooley
- The New Rules of Marketing and PR by David Meerman Scott
- The Education of Millionaires by Michael Ellsberg
- Problogger by Darren Rowse and Chris Garrett
- Repped: 30 Days To a Better Online Reputation by Andy Beal
- Career Renegade by Jonathan Fields
- The Referral Engine by John Jantsch
- Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World by Michael Hyatt